Chocolate Truffel Cake with a Cookie base
I wanted to try making a chocolate truffle cake after work. It only took me around 15 minutes to prepare the cake and another hour waiting for it to set.
This recipe is available in Svenska.
Approximately 12 pieces
- around 180g of chocolate chip cookies
- 50g butter or margarine
- 100g butter or margarine
- 3dl whipping cream
- 400g dark chocolate
- 0.5 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1table spoon cocoa powder
- Blend the cookies in a food processor and add the melted butter. Spread evenly in a mold with removable sides.
- Melt the butter for the batter in a non-stick pot. Add the cream and heat it to a boil. Remove from heat immediately.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces in a bowl and add the hot cream and instant coffee. Stir until the batter is shiny chocolate brown.
- Pour into the mold and let it set in the fridge. Sprinkle cocoa powder before serving.
- Can be served with whipped cream or creme fraiche.