Cinnamon and sugar buns
Cinnamon buns are a Swedish classic. They can be found in a large variety. Here is one with lots of cinnamon and sugar!
Approximately 20 large buns or 50 regular size
- 100 g butter or margarine
- 5 dl milk
- 50 g yeast (preferably for sweet doughs)
- 0.5 tea spoons salt
- 1.5 dl sugar
- 1 tea spoon of ground cardemom
- 10-15 dl wheat flour
- 200 g soft butter or margarine
- 1 table spoon of cinnamon
- 2 dl sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 dl sugar
How to make it:
- Heat the margarine/butter with the milk in a microwave until the butter has melted and the milk has the same temperature as your finger.
- Mix sugar, salt and cardemom in a bowl.
- Crumble the yeast into the bowl.
- Add the milk and butter mixture. and stir until the yeast has dissolved.
- Add 1 liter of flour and mix until you get a nice dough.
- Leave the dough covered to rise for 40 min.
- Flatten the dough in the shape of a big square or rectangle. Divide it in two at the center.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling. Spread the filling evenly on the two rectangles.
- Roll each rectangle so that it looks like a swiss roll. Cut the roll in slices of 1 cm for small buns or 2 cm for the larger buns.
- The larger buns should be tapped and cut almost through at the center. Then twist the dough and form a spiral.
- Put the buns on a plate and let it rise under a piece of cloth for about 20 min.
- Whisk the egg and brush some egg on each bun. Sprinkle the sugar on top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 200-225C for 10 min for larger buns or 5-10 min for regular buns.