If you go to a Swedish café there will always be carrot cakes available. Here is my take on it 🙂
15 large pieces:
- 3 carrots (medium size)
- 1 dl almonds (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 4 dl sugar
- 4 dl wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate (sodium carbonate)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 0.5 dl olive oil (or other oil)
- 200 g butter
- 3 dl icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanillin sugar
- 500 g philadelphia cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 C
- Grate the carrots and finely chop the almonds.
- Whisk eggs and sugar until fluffy.
- Add carrots and almonds and whisk it in.
- Add flour, baking powder, bicarbonate, and cinnamon and stir until well-blended.
- Grease a baking pan and pour in the batter.
- Bake in the lower parts of the oven 15-30 min.
- Allow the cake to cool before starting on the icing:
- Melt the butter and whisk it together with the sugar.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until well blended.
- Spread the icing on the cake. Keep the cake refrigerated.